Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More Halloween cards!

Hello everyone!  I'm back with a few more Halloween cards I've made lately.  Like so many crafters, I love to collect product and the newer, the more fun, right!?  Well, yes, but then again, all my "old" stuff is really cool, too!  I am really blessed every time I go into my studio and see how many lovely papers and pretty embellishment I already have!  I LOVE all my crafty goodies!  Having said that, I have been trying to use what I already have on hand this year and I pulled out Anna Griffin's gorgeous Halloween collection from HSN last year.  She has some of the best vintage styled Halloween graphics and papers.....not too cutesy and certainly not scary!  I also confess to hoarding many papers from the (sadly) now defunct Daisy D's Paper Co. but I decided to dip into the stash and combine some of their papers and graphics with Anna Griffin's line.  I really liked the results! 

First up is a card I made by cutting up a 12 X 12 die cut sheet of bats, from Anna Griffin (AG).  I layered it onto a yellow patterned paper from Daisy's D's and then layered that on top of a piece of black glittered cardstock.  (Did I mention the bats are also glittery cardstock? Eeek, so cute!) .   I finished off the design with an AG sentiment.

The Daisy D paper actually has large dots on it here and there and I like the effect it has----like multiple moons behind the bats in flight. 

Next I used a postcard from Daisy D's featuring the sweetest vintage ghost.  In the original image, his sign was an invitation to a party so I covered it with another AG sentiment.  
I added a second sentiment that looks a bit like a tombstone in front of the ghost and put the image on AG orange and black damask print paper.  This paper is so pretty in person!  It really feels like "Halloween" but it's very classy in the damask!   I edged the ghost image with a bit of gold Stickles.

Here's another variation of the same ghost image, using a different AG Halloween sentiment:

 I fussy cut the ghost this time, backing it with a lacy oval die cut from Spellbinders.  I also added a strip of glitter tape down the left side.  Here's a close up of the sweet ghost:

 
The next card is one made with an Anna Griffin witch die cut from last year's collection. 
 
 

I layered the witch image on top of a circle of flocked yellow paper.  The orange flourish behind the sentiment is an AG die cut made from orange flocked cardstock (flocked cardstock from Doodlebug )  I then layered the design onto black glittered cardstock which, in person, really looks like a dark sky twinkling in the moonlight!  (all glittered cardstock in these projects is also from Doodlebug)

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!  I hope I've inspired you to get your hands on some gorgeous Anna Griffin papers and make some vintage styled Halloween cards of your own!  Have a lovely week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, nice to meet you. Im glad you left the comment on my blog about my eyes. I have been thinking about getting them checked as its been a couple years and they have been bothering me.
    please be sure to comment more often. I always wonder whose out there reading but not commenting. it seems that there are quite a few.
    Love the cards youve been making. I have not gotten into card making yet. Im afraid that card making and scrap booking would make cause me more obsessions! I know I would get carried away. lol!
    please visit again soon. Im adding your blog to my side line so I can find you again.
    have a great night.
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting, Vivian! As much as I've admired your work and shared your blog, I consider you a crafty blogging "superstar" and your compliment means the world to me! You'll be seeing me around more on your future posts! :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and comment. I love hearing from you and enjoy your feedback very much!