Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hi Friends!   Hope you've all enjoyed a great weekend.  We actually had some sunshine and milder temps here in middle Tennessee so I am all smiles today!   I just wanted to pop in quickly and show you a few cards I made this week.   This is also the end of the monthly Crafty Secrets linky party so I will be sharing my card creations there.   First up is a get well card I made for hubby's grandma recovering from a fall.   I really wanted to use the beautiful bird "Blessings" image from CS, but I also really wanted to use the "wishing you well" themed sentiment so I just covered up the original "Blessings" word while still showcasing the gorgeous bird and rose. 


My card was further embellished with some pink and pearl gemstones from Prima.  The background card and papers, as well as the sentiment, are from Anna Griffin.  
I have a couple of ideas underway for St Patrick's Day items, but the sweet Easter colors and images called more loudly so I kicked off this year's spring cards with two Easter bunny images, both from Crafty Secrets again. 

The pink card features a sweet bunny layered atop a scalloped circle tag and multi-colored pastel rosette.   There is a touch of yellow glitter around the image, too.  The embellished rosette was then adhered to a card background made up of mosaic tiles cut from the same multi-colored pastel paper.   I also used the Easter sentiment from Crafty Secrets. 
The green card shows my rabbit image layered on label tag cut with a Spellbinders die and embellished with Bo Bunny green pearl gems.  Then I layered it over two pleated rosettes and gave it a 3D effect.   The card background is created with two Anna Griffin floral prints.   Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. Don't forget to visit Craft Secrets, too, because their design team consistently inspires and wows with their vintage style creations!  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, all 3 of your cards turned out so pretty and I love how you added the sentiment to your MIL's card. Great color combos on everything. Thanks for sharing and entering our March Linky Party

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely Spring and Easter cards. My favourite is the one with 2 bunnies, I just love that image and the way you used it. Thanks so much for joining our March Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards, but the green bunny one is just beautiful!! ~ Donna E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and comment. I love hearing from you and enjoy your feedback very much!