Saturday, March 9, 2013

Better Late Than Never, Even With a Linky Party!!



I had hoped to post a new entry sooner but then LIFE HAPPENED all week----you know what I mean? The week has just flown by and I have been swamped which means I did not get to post about Crafty Secrets monthly linky party. Crafty Secrets has long been a favorite company of mine and Sandy over there hosts a linky party every month on the first Monday. During the week of the linky party, you can enter any project you've made that includes some Crafty Secret product. I've always stalked the Crafty Secrets blog, admiring everyone's entry but never getting around to entering myself and I almost missed it again this month!! Grrr...



Anyway, without further ado, I have two sweet Easter cards to share with you today, both using a couple of my favorite Crafty Secrets images, adorable little chicks. The first card is the boy chick image:





Remember I mentioned I am on a quest this year to use up, recycle or make do?? Um, yeah. That's a problem when trying to list what supplies I use on any given project. I am pretty good about knowing my products and manufacturers, but when you dig out 7 yr old papers, sometimes it's hard to remember exactly who made it. Most patterned paper today has the company name and pattern on it, either on the back or on a detachable tab, but many of us remember when that wasn't alway the case! I'll tell you the supplies I do know. This card used a background from a K & Company photo mat. I used Lifestyle Crafts wafer thin die in nesting lace rectangles to cut out three mats from pastel vellums. The chick image and the frame around it are both from Crafty Secrets; I covered the frame in pink glitter and further embellished it with some vintage millinery flowers and some Leaves Ribbon from May Arts.. Iadore that leaf ribbon and use it often in my mixed media or card projects.



My next card uses the companion image, showing a precious girl chick all dressed up in her Easter Best. The cover "Springtime" sentiment is also from Crafty Secrets.



   On this card, I used a light blue paper with some pink flocking designs on it. I am not sure where this paper came from, but it may be Heidi Grace. Again, I used a glittered Crafty Secrets frame around the image and I embellished it with Prima  paper flowers.  The pearls around the frame and the gemstones in the flower centers are from K & Company and the velvet leaves are from Making Memories.   The doily behind my image is from a party supply store and the ribbon behind "Springtime" is from my stash.  Both cards are 6.5" X 5" and blank inside to write my own personal note or sentiment.


Thanks so  much for stopping by and seeing my Easter cards.  I plan to post several more in the coming days.  Easter is my favorite holiday and I love making cards, layouts and other crafty goodness during this hope filled season of spring!  Hope you all have a blessed week!! 

11 comments:

  1. Oh Donna these creations are just fabulous! Love your design and use of pastel colors! Just beautiful and really makes we 'want' for Spring even more than I already do! LOL!
    So glad you found the time to play along in our March Linky Party! Good Luck and hope to see you again.

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darlene! I hope to play along a lot in the future! :)

      Delete
  2. Super cute cards, adorable images with sweet flowers and details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rea! I appreciate your taking a peek!! :)

      Delete
  3. That shimmer paper really sets off the image of the duck nicely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee!! Glad you could see that shimmer in the photo; it really is a pretty paper. Thanks for checking them out! :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful and cute cards with great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kitika!! I'm so glad you took a peek! :)

      Delete
  5. Both cards are simply adorable!! Love both of them!!

    Thank you so much for joining us for the Crafty Secrets March Linky Party!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! I've wanted to join in for a while now so I'm glad I finally did! :)

      Delete
  6. OH YAY Donna!!! So happy to have you playing along!! These cards are SO adorable!! Super CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and comment. I love hearing from you and enjoy your feedback very much!