Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hope everyone has had a pleasant and relaxing weekend, maybe with some crafty time included!  I've been really enjoying making cards over the last week.  I just love Easter, and making spring themed cards and layouts are one of my favorite things to work on!

Tonight I have another Easter chick card using an image from Crafty Secrets:


I'm sorry the lighting isn't too good in my picture.  It wasn't a very pretty day out today soooo........(I'm not the best at photographing, either, truth be told! ha ha!    One of my besties, Barbie is a super talented photographer and sweet enough to help me if I wanted help with pictures, but, sadly, she moved a few months ago, from here in Tennessee all the way to freezing cold Minnesota!!  

Moving on to the card, I used a pre-printed card (background) from one of Anna Griffin's fantastic card making kits. I used a Cuttlebug embossing plate in Textile design on a piece of K & Company paper which I also edged with scalloped scissors.  The "Dear Friend" sentiment is also from K & Company and I popped it with 3D foam adhesive.  The velvet flower ribbon is from my stash and I adhered a pearl from Melissa Frances in the center of each flower.  Finally, I highlighted the lighter parts of the chick with Stickles in Icicle.

This was a simple and quick card to put together but the chick image is really the focus and makes a great card to send a sweet friend for Easter.   Thanks for visiting me today.  I wish you a safe and joyous week! 

















4 comments:

  1. Adorably sweet card!! I love that cute chick image!!

    Thank you so much for joining us for the Crafty Secrets March Linky Party!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't 'think' I knew you had a blog. Love your work. You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Lori! You didn't "know" cause I just started again!! ha ha And thank you for the compliment....now you see why I hoard vintage graphics like I do! ha!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and comment. I love hearing from you and enjoy your feedback very much!