Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Are you familiar with The Little Pink Studio?  If you love vintage bits and bobs, you definitely need to visit it.  Owner Cerri, is the sweetest and most helpful lady, and she makes some truly lovely goodies.   Right around the holidays, I ordered a few supplies from her and, almost on a whim, I added a cute house shaped "shadowbox" ornament that was ready to alter.  Sadly I don't think she has the houses in stock anymore, but right now she does have similar heart shaped box ornaments like these:




There were so many ideas I could have used for the house ornament, but I love birds very much so I knew as soon as I had it in hand that it would be fashioned into a birdhouse! 



This is the house I got.  It's about an inch deep, with an easy off back so you can place your 3D scene or item inside the round window. Very cute idea, huh??!    I began by tracing every side of the house onto Pink Paislee's  London Market (I used the 6 X 6 papers so the prints would be smaller)
I adore this paper line, with its delicate roses, soft colors and overall shabby mood of the collection.  I crimped the papers to give them a little more depth and texture on the house.  I also die cut strips to layer and overlap on the rooftop, giving the effect of shingles.  I should have taken photos of each step, but oops!  I guess I was so excited putting it all together that I forgot to snap as I went!! :-o

Here's how my house turned out when I was finished:

I used a vintage greeting card image to fussy cut the two cute little birds and the interior "Love Lives Here" image is from, who else?  Crafty Secrets!  I used a fabric covered brad from K & Company at the top of the roof, embellished with my beloved millinery flowers and leaf ribbon, as well as a strand of dangly beads along the bottom.  As you see in the photo, I haven't yet hung the ornament, but when it is hanging, the beads will dangle straight.  I also used a bit of ribbon (the pink along the roof and the green around the window) from Doodlebug.  See the green frame around the window?  That's an epoxy coated frame from K & Company.  The edges of the house and chimney were outlined with Cotton Candy Stickles.   I covered and decorated the back, too, so that when this house is hanging, you can enjoy it from any side.


You can probably tell this project used a lot of bits and pieces from my stash.  I think the London Market paper was the only "newish" product I used here.  I'm trying very hard to use what I have on hand!   This was such a fun project and the birdhouse is perfect for welcoming spring!   Thanks for visiting today! 


 
 
 
 
 







6 comments:

  1. OH MY! Love this! Love Love Love this! Too Cute...I'm afraid I may have to start a new hobby...as if I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I found your blog through your Pinterest but you left the .blogspot.com off your account so when I clicked on it it didn't come up. I googled it though and it did then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this the CUTEST!! I love it. You are one creative gal. I definitely love the vintage touch.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, thank you so much! With your being creative,too, I take your comment as a real compliment! Have a joyous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna! This turned out just too, too cute. I love it.
    Really, great job! Thanks so much for sharing it! (and of course the sweet words you said about me as well. :) )
    Cerri xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Cerri! So glad you liked it!! Have a fantastic weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and comment. I love hearing from you and enjoy your feedback very much!